Good news!! I feel like a regular human today! I woke up at my usual time, and got ready in my usual fashion, and it was mostly shennanigan-free. I was running a little late, so I threw my shakes together in a hurry, and they were, oddly, the best so far! Even my son liked it. They included:
- Arbonne Chocolate Protein Shake Mix
- Arbonne Daily Fiber Boost
- Extra frozen blueberries
- Baby kale
- Flax Meal
- 50/50 – Thicker coconut milk (purchased at Aldi) / Water
The only thing that’s off-putting about blueberries in these shakes is the color they turn. I don’t drink either shake right away, and by the time I get to them, they look like dark, wet cement with a hint of green. Weird.
There’s really not a lot to report for today, so I thought I’d give you a progress update. As I was cleaning up after dinner, I realized two things.
1) Dinner. Crap. I forgot the dang picture again! (I don’t think this is going to be my strong point) I made dinner today and got a little revenge on my parents. My sister lives in Oklahoma, and I believe some of the recipes supplied to my group originate from that area. You know what that means? They like their chili HOT, and I followed the recipe exactly as it is. Oh boy! It was SO spicy! I coughed after nearly every bite, then the dad guy came to the kitchen with a red face and sweaty head – not just his face, his WHOLE head – “I can’t believe how hot that is! How much cayenne did you put in there?” On second thought I think I might have doubled that one (insert smiling devil face here).
On the side we had a salad with mixed greens, tomatoes and onions, and we made homemade ranch to go with it. Veganaise is a revelation. Sounds like it must be gross, but I like it more than regular mayo. My son said he thinks something was missing. I’m pretty sure it’s the acid you get from buttermilk. Next time I might try adding a little cider vinegar or lemon juice to see if it fixes it.
2) I’m already noticing a change! Usually when I come home after work, I’m absolutely beat. If there are things I need to get done, I know I need to do them before I sit down, because once I’m down, I’m out. Even before I sit and I’m working on stuff, I’m dreading every next minute and usually quit half-way in. Today, I won’t say I was full of energy, but I definitely didn’t feel like I was dragging ass like I normally do. It’s strange to feel like I can just do what I’ve got to do without having to force myself. Really kind of nice too.
Also, I think my bloodthirsty, super-stalker friend, Sugar, might’ve accepted the break-up. I didn’t feel hungry more than a pre-detox day today. I think my work lady was right. If I could make it to day four, I’d be ok. Let’s hope for smooth sailing, although I fear I will eat my words tomorrow – if only they could be solid…
I think I can do this.