And!…. we’re done! But only sort of.
First, let’s recap the changes I’ve experienced over the past month.
- 95% of foot and back pain is gone. Which I think has led to:
- I’m sleeping!! The quality AND the quantity of my sleep is improved. I’m still a light-ish sleeper, but I’m able to fall asleep again after waking up. I’ve also slept through my alarm at least five times. I hate the rush in the morning when it happens but, dang! I’m sleeping that deeply! I’ll take it!
- Headache. Still got it. However, it seems to be consistently less… ? ….aggravating? Intrusive? Whatever. Any change is good change at this point,
- Pep in my step! I just feel good.
- Weight loss. This is not my primary goal, but, let’s be honest, it’s the most fun! I’m guessing I’ve lost 20 but I haven’t checked yet. I will in the morning. It’s been really cool to see my kid changing, literally, only because we took all of the junk food out of the house.
- Learning how to shop smart and healthy.
- Spending more time with my mama. We shop together more than we have, maybe, ever. We’re cooking together nearly every day. She deals with my hanger like a champ!
Next up: Reintegration.
I read through the reintegration program, which is going to take place over the next 30 days. It’s pretty simple. Every three days I’ll add in a different type of food we’ve been omitting from my diet. If it bugs my stomach or causes any kind of reaction, I need to stop. Tomorrow through Saturday, I’ll be adding fruit. I really haven’t been missing fruit, since we typically eat a lot of berries, which are detox-friendly. Don’t misunderstand me. I haven’t been missing fruit as much as some might, but that doesn’t mean I’m not excited about tomorrow! There’s a perfectly ripe mango in my kitchen, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to find its way into my belly. Maybe grapes or bananas after that…
I’ll let you know how it goes!